When we are born into this world we are lost by default. However, the Son of Man Jesus Christ came to save us.
- Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
When we believe on the Name of Jesus Christ we will stand righteous before God, because we confess to God that we are sinners.
- Romans 10:9 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Romans 10:10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
However, before we can confess with our mouth we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that the Saviour died for our sin; we first have to hear about the Word of God.
- Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Anyone hearing the Word of God, it doesn’t matter how or by whom, can bring you to faith in God.
- Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God:
- Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
When we accept this precious Gift then we will receive the Holy Spirit, Who will lead us into all truth and will guide us through this life here on earth.
- John 16:13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
Not only will the Holy Spirit lead us through life; God will seal you with the Holy Spirit, because you have put your trust in Him. God will do this to those who have become His own through His Son Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 1:13 In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.
It takes faith and only faith to believe in Jesus Christ. Believing that God does exist. It is a matter of personal choice.
- Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
For anyone who has heard the Word of God and wants to know Who Jesus Christ is the best place to start reading is The Gospel of John
Please remember the moment the soul leaves the body, time to reconsider will be too late. The time of grace and be righteous before God, the time is here and the time is now. There will be no second chance. There is no such thing as a general atonement. These following Bible verses are very clear to this fact.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.