Ten falsehoods about Mary by the Roman Catholic Church:
1/Mary is the mother of God. Not true.
- Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be Ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth have been from of old, FROM EVERLASTING. Micah 33rd Book of the Bible.
- Isaiah 11:2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; This Bible verse has 33 words.
2/Mary was born without sin. Not true.
- Luke 1:46-55 Song of praise while visiting her aunt Elizabeth.
- 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
- 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my SAVIOUR.
- 48 For He hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
- 49 For He that is mighty hath done to me great things; and Holy is His Name.
- 50 And His mercy is on them that fear Him from generation to generation.
- 51 He hath shewed strength with His arm; He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
- 52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
- 53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He hath sent empty away.
- 54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;
- 55 As He spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
3/Mary remained a virgin after the Birth of Jesus Christ. Not true.
- Matthew 12:47 Then one said unto Him, Behold, Thy mother and Thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with Thee.
- The Epistle of James written by James; he was, humanly speaking, a half brother of Lord Jesus Christ.
4/Mary was exalted above humanity. Not true.
- Matthew 12:48 But He answered and said unto him that told Him, Who is My mother? and who are My brethren?
5/ Mary told Lord Jesus what to do all the time and He would listen to her Not true.
- John 4:2 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come.
6/ Mary is the queen of heaven. Not true.
- Psalms 99:1 The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: He sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved.
- Isaiah 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of Hosts: the whole earth is full of His Glory. My Name: and My Glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images.
7/ Mary is a (co) mediator. Not true.
- 1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus;
- Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
8/Mary is a (co) redeemer. Not true.
- Isaiah 47:4 As for our Redeemer, the LORD of hosts is His Name, the Holy One of Israel.
- Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
9/Mary is the way to God. Not true.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
10/Her statues can hear prayers and speak. Not true.
- Psalms 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
- Psalms 115:5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
This quote in reference to Spurgeon’s Sermon “Rubbish” #1156 at the Metropolitan Tabernacle Newington.
Nehemiah 4:10 And Judah said, The strength of the bearers of burdens is decayed, and there is much rubbish; so that we are not able to build the wall.